7. Getting Back To Your Life
This is the time to revisit, clarify, and at least temporarily redistribute any family responsibilities.
Back to school
Depending on the level of schooling
- Consider any administration procedures and paperwork.
- Consider what you might tell fellow students see prior discussion.
- Consider what to tell teachers or coaches. Will you need their support? Will you need to make up material or assignments? What ongoing supports or accommodations might you need?
Back to work
- Consider the human resources procedures (HR), paperwork, protections and regulations
- What about your coworkers. See prior discussion
- What about your boss or supervisor or manager?
- Last of all also consider the potential for supports connected to employment such as an employee assistance program (EAP).
Comment: who is missing from my categories?
Social Support: Getting and Staying Connected – http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/stay-connected
Human resource management – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_resource_management
Employee assistance program – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Employee_assistance_program
Taking a Leave of Absence: What You Need to Know – http://www.mentalhealthamerica.net/taking-leave-absence-what-you-need-know
Paid time off – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paid_time_off